I mentioned earlier this week that my six-week-old AeroBed got a tear in one of its seams. See “Review: AeroBed Premier Classic (Queen).” Fortunately, it’s fixed! I’ll tell you how to do it in 48 hours!
Note: The following assumes you found the leak(s). This doesn’t require the repair patch.
- Buy Marine Goop. Home Depot didn’t have Marine Goop, but All Purpose seemed to work fine for me. It costs about $3.
- Get the cheapest piece of sandpaper. Borrow, if possible, because you won’t use it too long. I just bought a small reusable block. Oh well.
- Roughen the area of the tear.
- Apply a generous amount of the goop. I’d say 1 cm thick, and ensure the surface area covers a few centimeters wider than the tear.
- Let it sit and cure for 48 hours.
Okay, I tricked you — it actually took a minute or two to apply the goop. I’m not sure how long this will hold up, but I’ll let you know. For now, it looks promising! Also, if I have to do this again, I’ve got a lot of goop left, it’s not even funny.🙂
Source: DoItYourself.com Forums