Last week, I finally forced myself to order a replacement battery. I didn’t go with iPodResQ (which is now iResQ) because they are one of the companies that send two small, inadequate tools. (Oh yeah, look closely at the picture — one of mine broke!)
The only problem that came across was my fault. After I finished installing the new battery, I closed it up, and turned my iPod on. I got an error — a folder with an exclamation point on the screen — which meant I didn’t plug the hard drive back in all the way.
I had a harder time reopening it the second time around because I dulled the iOpener a bit. The manual said I could use sandpaper to resharpen the edge, but all I had was a razor blade. After a mixture of pure perseverance, sweat and fury, I finally reopened it. With the connection to the hard drive reseated, the iPod worked fine. Awesome!
Note: There’s a micro screw that got loose. I’m not sure how big of a deal it is, so I’ll keep in a plastic bag for now. Other than that, it’s fine. :)
Conclusion — If your iPod battery isn’t lasting as long as it should, go to ipodjuice.com. They rock. :)